PENDARIES (PAN-DA-RAY) VILLAGE
Pendaries Subdivision Maps
Pendaries is a subdivision located in Rociada, New Mexico (about 30 miles northwest of Las Vegas). The main attractions include the 18 hole mountain golf course, fishing, hiking and just plain old relaxation. The subdivision has roughly 980 original lots in the subdivision. Of the original lots, approximately 100 are on the market for resale purposes. The Rociada valley and surrounding communities hold a fascinating history, and several buildings constructed in the 1870's can still be seen today.
Pendaries Village was established in the mid 1960's and this little subdivision has grown into a unique opportunity for outdoor enthusiasts to live and/or vacation. Just 2 hours from Albuquerque this is the perfect weekend getaway. Home to over 200 residences and a challenging 18 hole mountain golf course. You will find plenty of time (and privacy) for hiking, fishing, mountain biking and golfing.
PENDARIES VILLAGE BASIC INFORMATION
· The governing body of Pendaries Village is an elected Board of Directors.
· Annual golf club dues are $865.00 for property owners which includes unlimited golf and access to club activities. Cart Trail Fees (if you own your own cart) are $315/cart.
· The golf course generally opens in the middle of April and closes in mid October, weather permitting.
· Pendaries is bordered by National Forest and several private ranches.
· The elevation of Pendaries begins around 7,500 ft. at the valley floor and climbs to about 8,000 ft. at the higher points of Pendaries. The surrounding mountains in the Santa Fe National Forest reach elevations of 12,500 ft.
· Annual property owner dues (association dues) are currently $496/yr for a vacant lot or $1,812/yr for a lot with a home.
· All lots have water and most have power in front of the lot.
· Water is a community water system operation off of 4 wells with water pumped to storage tanks and fed to the homes via gravity flow.
· In order to preserve the natural appeal of Pendaries all building plans must be approved by the Architectural and Environmental Committee; the minimum square footage for a house is 1,250!
- Utility easements are ten (10) ft. in width along the front property line and seven and one-half (7 1/2) ft. along side and rear property lines.
WINTER - bring your parka and ear muffs. Temperatures run mid 30's to low 50's during daylight, and bring an average annual snow fall of 90 inches.
SPRING - roll the dice and see what comes up. Snow can fall as late as May, this is the windy season and we get rain. Daytime temperatures are nice running upper 60's to low 70's with a chill in the air at night.
SUMMER - the perfect climate for outdoor activity. Expect mid 80's to low 90's during the day. Mid summer marks the beginning of the rainy season.
FALL - the changing of the colors. This is the prettiest time of year with the browns, yellows, reds and oranges across the valleys and mountainsides. Temperatures drop down to 60's and 70's.
SIGHTS TO SEE AND THINGS TO DO
LAS VEGAS, NM - Las Vegas is about 30 minutes from Pendaries and offers an Historic Old Town Plaza, eateries and the movies. Storrie Lake which is just 5 minutes north of Las Vegas offers some of the best wind surfing in the state. New Mexico Highlands University and Luna Community College are located in Las Vegas. The United World College of the American West is located in nearby Montezuma.
TAOS, NM - Taos is just over an hour from Pendaries and is home to winter snow skiing and snowboarding, the Taos Indian Pueblo, the Taos Gorge of the Rio Grande (river rafting), and numerous art galleries and museums.
SANTA FE, NM - Santa Fe is an hour and a half from Pendaries. The capital of New Mexico offers traditional New Mexican culture. Among it's points of interest are the Opera House, the Santa Fe Downs (horse racing), winter snow skiing, snowboarding, and numerous art galleries and museums.
ALBUQUERQUE, NM - Albuquerque is just over 2 hours from Pendaries on easy traveling interstate. In Albuquerque you will find the Albuquerque Sunport (international Airport), Old Town Plaza, the world's longest suspended tramway, the Albuquerque Zoo, the Sandia Peak Ski Area (great summer/fall mountain biking), the New Mexico State Fair and don't forget the annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
ANGEL FIRE, NM - Angel Fire is about one and half hours from Pendaries taking paved state highways. The scenery is beautiful, especially when the colors are changing. Angel Fire is a small town hosting an 18 hole golf course and a set of gentle ski slopes.
SIPAPU, NM - Sipapu is just 30 minutes away and home to the nearest winter skiing as well as summer time festivals and arts & crafts shows. The ski slopes aren't black diamond, however they provide fun and enjoyment for the entire family.